Sunday, March 25, 2012

Dinner for One

I love to cook. I know that I've mentioned it before, but I really do. I find cooking to be a therapeutic, creative outlet.
Mostly I cook for myself. Some people are super impressed that I put just as much effort into cooking for myself as I do when I am cooking for friends. I don't understand. I mean, aren't I worth a good meal? I think that I am.
I know a lot of single people - both men and women - that say they'll start cooking when they get married.  Or maybe if they have people over, maybe they'll cook then. But I don't want to wait. Last I checked the Lord had not promised me a husband and there are no men running to be in line (that I know of!). And as much as I love to have friends over, it's not quite as often as I would like. I don't want to be a sandwich and cereal kinda  girl. I love being a foodie and I will not hold off  my foodie qualities until prince charming rides into town and falls off his horse, tripping over himself to sit down in my kitchen.
If I had more time I would cook even more.
I was thinking about this today, partly - to be perfectly honest - because I thought about the quote, " A way to a man's heart is through his stomach" while I was making dinner tonight. I laughed and thought to myself, it's the way to my heart too!
And I smiled as I continued to breath in the aroma of garlic and onions. I would love to have a husband to feed. One day maybe I will. Until then I will tantalize my taste buds and those of friends with mouthwatering delectable kitchen creations.
Here's what I made for myself this weekend... (Not pictured: Dulce de Leche Crepes with strawberry compote that I made Saturday night for dessert...maybe I'll have it again, I have extra crepes!)

Squash, Zucchini, Green Beans, Red Onion, Spinach, EVOO, 2 Cloves Chopped Garlic

Topped with a Thai Peanut Sauce (recipe is surprisingly easy for the sauce)...divine!
Spinach, Garlic, Asparagus, and Soy Cheese wrapped in homemade crepes...yummy!

 

1 comment: