Friday, February 24, 2012

Pin My Interest

Pinterest is a beautiful thing. I'm not quite addicted, but I have to watch myself because it's tempting! Last weekend was a pinterest weekend. It was dreary and rainy outside and happy, cheery, crafty inside!!

My blank Canvas


Flowerly petals

a work in progress

All done!! See inspiration here




I've made a bunch of amazing recipes lately from Pinterest like Avocado Egg Salad , Roasted Tomato Soup, Roasted Vegetable Toastados, and more!

Tonight I created my own pinterest to post. Since December I have been dairy free. I've been feeling sooo much better. This decision was due to 2 things...
1. Every time i ate dairy I got ridiculously bloated and constipated...not cool
2. My mom told me that I was allergic to milk as a baby...really mom!?! 32 years later you decide to tell me this!
Anyway, since being diary free I've been looking for some alternatives for cheese, milk etc. For the most part I just eat different things that taste just fine with out dairy but lately I've been craving pizza. So I googled Vegan Pizza and found that a lot of people where diggin Daiya as a good cheese alternative.  It was great! It was cheesy and melty and made me happy that I could make pizza...

Here's my tasty pizza creation
I started with a Roasted Herb Pizza Crust from Whole Foods and drizzled a little EVOO and some kosher salt

as an alternative to pepperoni I used Turkey Salami on top of my garlic and onion Newman's Own sauce. The man at Whole Foods recommended that I put the salami under the cheese so that it wouldn't dry out!

I then added my new best friend, Daiya shreds

Red Onions, Mushrooms, Kalmatta Olives, Minced Garlic and Spinach were my other toppings of choice for the evening

Add a glass of White Zinfandel and dinner is served...look at how melty the cheese is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment