Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A New Perspective

One again I've been an absentee blogger. I made a goal of blogging once a week...uh yeah, that obviously hasn't happened. I was all ready to sit down and vent out my thoughts to the world wide web last week about a situation that I was, at first, not so happy about. But in the end, I'm glad that I didn't. You see, since then I've had a change in perspective. I realized that I was holding on to a lot of anger. Now, I don't usually consider myself to be an angry person. Normally I'm not, but I can be, and lately I was. I was mad. I was angry. I was sitting in total self entitlement. Yuck. Anyway, thank God for his grace and for friends who pray. There is something about knowing that there are people who are willing, in a loving way, to really take a chance and speak truth. I'm just glad I was open enough to hear it.
And hear it I did. I mean, I'm still processing a bunch of it, but I heard it, took it to Jesus, and decided that it was time to get a new perspective.
You know those Claritin commercials where the foggy lens is lifted and suddenly life is "Claritin Clear". I feel a little like that. Like the fogginess is finally lifting and I can see clearly now. Hmmm, that kinda makes me want to sing along to the Calypso music that is suddenly running through my head..."I can see clearly now the rain is gone...." I'll spare you the rest, haha!
Any way, I am seeing how God has been at work, how he's been with me, how he knows what he's doing. I still don't get it all, I'm not sure if or when I will, but I'm glad to see things differently because I was tired of standing still shaking my fist towards the heavens. It's really not becoming of me.
My friend Shiloh posted this on my fb wall. It's long, but I LOVED it. If you need some new perspective, you'll love it too...

No comments:

Post a Comment